Change4Life launch new ‘BeFoodSmart’ campaign
Change4Life Be Food Smart Campaign now live
A new campaign that highlights the surprising amount of sugar, saturated fat and salt found in everyday food and drink has been launched to encourage parents to ‘Be Food Smart’.
Our kids might seem fine on the outside but too much sugar and saturated fat can lead to the build-up of harmful fat on the inside that we can’t see.
Without realising it, we are all eating too much sugar, saturated fat and salt. The Change4Life ‘Be Food Smart’ campaign brings food labels to life, enabling families to make healthier food and drink choices, with the help of a “Be Food Smart app”.
The free app works by scanning the barcode of products, revealing how much sugar, saturated fat and salt is inside and encourages users to make healthier choices. The Be Food Smart app has something for everyone, like tips and suggestions for adults, food detective activities for the kids and fun ‘mini-missions’ for the whole family.
How you can support the ‘Be Food Smart’ Campaign:
- Keep an eye out on social media for @change4life’s posts
- Check out the Change4Life School Zone https://campaignresources.phe.gov.uk/schools
- Download the Be Food Smart app from the app store or Google Play by searching for ‘Be Food Smart’ or ‘Change for Life’
- Share the message on social media. Follow @change4life or use the hashtag #Be Food Smart
- Encourage people to visit the Change4Life Food Smart website at http://po.st/C4L_Leeds
- Promote through your newsletters, websites or any other channels you have